[RP TownTalk] Riversdale's Children's Day

Samantha Ferris Samantha.Ferris at pgparks.com
Thu Apr 30 17:02:25 UTC 2009

Hi all! I just wanted to remind you all about Riversdale House Museum's
Children's Day that will be taking place this coming Sunday, May 3, from
noon - 4pm. Hopefully, you received flyers through many of your
children's schools. Now, I know the weather doesn't look like it's going
to be shaping up as anything spectacular, but don't let a little rain
keep you away from some fun! Almost all of our activities are taking
place indoors and we've got some handy tents to take care of any outdoor
events. Children of all ages will get a chance to make and take crafts,
see a Punch and Judy puppet show, take a kid-friendly tour of the house,
play period games, pet animals, and many other interactive activities!
Children who complete at least 4 activities will even get a prize!

Refreshments will be available for purchase and the gift shop will be
open, as well. Stop in to find unique children's toys and maybe even
find that perfect Mother's Day gift!

Tickets are $2 per child and adult and may be purchased at the Oliver
Street or Riverdale Road entrances. Children's Day begins at noon and
ends at 4pm. After you're done, head over to Riverdale Park Town Center
to check out their Arts Festival!

If you've never been to Riversdale before and want a chance to see what
we're all about, pack up the family and come visit us this Sunday! We'll
see you there!

If you have any questions, shoot me an email or call the office at
301.864.0420.

See you Sunday rain or (hopefully) shine!

Samantha

Samantha Ferris
Education & Administrative Assistant
Riversdale House Museum
4811 Riverdale Road, Riverdale Park, MD 20737
Department of Parks and Recreation
The Maryland-National Capital Park & Planning Commission
samantha.ferris at pgparks.com / www.pgparks.com
301.864.0420 / fax 301.927.3498