[RP TownTalk] new sign in front of the Cafritz property on Rt. 1

Melissa Avery m.avery at rocketmail.com
Wed Aug 19 13:05:55 UTC 2009

I would like to quote a friend's take on our sign situation-

"Riverdale Park needs to re-install its sign as soon as possible in a location as prominent as the College Park sign.  It has a psychological effect when a "larger" entity throws its weight around and the smaller entity just yawns about it -- it sends a message of acceptance.
If the College Park  sign stays up there all by itself, as the hearings on the Cafritz property go forward, there will be a greater feeling on the part of College Park  citizens that their voices are the only ones that should be listened to. "

Anyone who has followed the progress of the hearings and opinions regarding the development of the property already know that the voices from College Park and University Park are far more organized and louder than the voices coming from Riverdale Park.

It is a shame that College Park is forcing us to move our sign, that we now have trim the brush, but we have a capable public works that I am sure, can take care of this in a timely manor.

Can you give us an idea when, and where we can see the city limits sign reinstalled ?