[RP TownTalk] Complaint

blueheron66 at verizon.net blueheron66 at verizon.net
Wed Dec 23 14:09:37 UTC 2009

I'm extremely disappointed in Riverdale Park's lax, unitelligent, ineffectual response to this recent snow. The town's excuses for delayed or even no snow plowing and salt spreading are just plain unacceptable. We pay good,
hard-earned tax money for supposedly professional services to keep our
streets clear in a winter emergency.  We should not have to clear the streets ourselves. Maryland is not the Sun Belt, for pete's sake.  Winters are often harsh here, and our town services need to prepare accordingly.  For the money we pay, there should be no salt shortage, no malfunctioning equipment....no boatload of lame excuses! To echo another Towntalk poster, if I displayed the same kind of attitude and weak response on my job, I'd be fired. It's disgusting to read the comments along the lines of
"Oh, Kumbaya, Kumbaya....shoveling snow brought me and my neighbors
closer together" Folks, quit settling for mediocrity. Quit enabling the Town of Riverdale Park!

Signed,
Art Saggs