[RP TownTalk] Complaint

michelle burns mishburns at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 23 17:35:54 UTC 2009

While some residents may have legitimate reasons to feel that they were unnecessarily inconvenienced by the town's response to the recent storm, I thought that the mayor's explanation was clear and reasonable: confronted with a record-breaking storm, emphasis was placed on keeping major roads and emergency lanes open.  In a perfect world, no one would ever run out of salt and no machine would ever break down, but the tone of some of these messages is downright nasty.  Saying that the town's response was "unitelligent" [sic] or suggesting that town officials are just collecting paychecks and shirking their work is offensive.  If and when mistakes are made, measures should be taken to ensure that they're not repeated, which it seems the town is doing.   If people are so critical of how things are being handled, why don't they run for public office, get elected, and do it better?

My real question is: Does someone have a particular axe to grind and is that why they jump on every mistake, real or perceived, as an excuse to complain?

Kumbaya and Merry Christmas,Michelle Burns