[RP TownTalk] a new place to eat near by - Yeah!

Melissa Avery m.avery at rocketmail.com
Sun Feb 22 14:17:36 UTC 2009

We have such a limited choice as far as decent restaurants go in this area.
Some good news -
A great southern style cafe recently opened in Brent Wood called Mikes Southern Cafe.  It is located on Bladensburg Rd. next to the old fire house and accross the street from Shoppers Food Warehouse.

The Gazett featured the eatery in the dining section of there latest issue.
Very good homade food and generous portions.

We had the crab cake and several side dishes including Fresh Collard Greens, String Beans, Cabbage, BBQ Baked Beans, Candied Yams, Home Made Maccroni and Cheese,and cinnimon corn bread

this is a family run place very friendly, clean and quick service.

Carry out number is  301-699-2082