[RP TownTalk] Riverdale Rooster

Euniverz at aol.com Euniverz at aol.com
Mon Feb 23 12:16:37 UTC 2009

Generally, speaking, in cases in which county and town code is similar,
usually a town's code can be MORE stringent, but not LESS stringent, than the
county code.

I hear those animal control trucks warming up.  You know, the ones  with the
mounted machine guns in the back...... :->

As an  avid proponent of urban agriculture, it warms my heart to see all
the love  our renegade rooster is getting.  Which brings up a question:
what would it take to legalize backyard chickens in Riverdale Park?   It
is county zoning code that prohibits them.  Can the town pass a  law that
trumps county zoning, or would we have to try to get the county  to
change its code?

Regina

**************You're invited to Hollywood's biggest party: Get Oscars
updates, red carpet pics and more at Moviefone.
(http://movies.aol.com/oscars-academy-awards?ncid=emlcntusmovi00000001)