[RP TownTalk] Oak Trees

Adrienne Allegretti adgealleg at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 28 20:30:18 UTC 2009

Changing the subject away from the town rooster ...

I have a question that concerns some other more defining pieces of our town and one in which the "Park" aspect of our town's name comes from:

In the past couple weeks, I noticed that several old oak trees in Ward 1, just east of Rt.1, were taken down and the stumps ground. I counted one tree as being over 80 years old! I'm no arbor, but these trees didn't seem to be ill, losing limbs, or looking like they were ready to topple over. And, it was quite sad to see they'd been removed.

So, I suppose my question is... anyone know what the reasoning was for cutting down these oaks?

I'm sure there's a very good reason.