[RP TownTalk] water main break at Madison and Taylor

Cranky old Coot lking at knob.com
Mon Jan 19 22:47:13 UTC 2009

I don't disagree, call WSSC, Washington Gas or PEPCO first. But reading
the your original post again. I see:

"I have not been able to get through to WSSC; the line has been
constantly busy for hours on end."

"Almost 4 hours later, ...  And WSSC's emergency line is still busy."

Sounds like a good time to call an elected official. JMHO

Posting here in frustration, you did get the Mayor and a Council person
involved.

Sounds to me like after several frustrating hours you did do something
to help your hypothetical neighbor and her basement. That makes you they
type of neighbor we all need sometimes.

COC