[RP TownTalk] 4th of July Celebration

Melissa Avery m.avery at rocketmail.com
Fri Jun 19 12:33:30 UTC 2009

Hello everyone,
 The Riverdale Park Arts Council is sponsoring the first annual  4th of July Celebration in the Parking lot in Old Town from 1:00 to 6:00.  This is a family oriented event that will feature a cook out fund raiser by the town fire department, live music and a bike raffle, complete with helmet and Lock, Generously donated by the Open University.  Tickets are one for a dollar or six for five dollars. They will start being sold at next weeks farm market. You can get your ticket at the music table..
the Chief of Police will open the event.
the fire department will demonstrate its truck and emergency vehicle, offer fire safety tips, and have a  free blood pressure station.
Pick nick tables will be set up under canopy's so you can have something to eat and listen to the music.  Chris will be there with his Model Rail Road and he tells me that a special 4th of July CSX train will be comming through sometime after 1:00 in the afternoon.

We would love have some vintage cars come over and park in the lot for people to look at. If there is anyone out there who would like to participate please contact me.  To me nothing says the 4th like a vintage car.

If you have any ideas how we should be celebrating the 4th in Riverdale Park or would like to participate, Please let me know, if w e can figgure out how to do it this year we will, if not we will try to incorporate it into next years 4th celebration.

This event will take place in the afternoon, and end in time for you to see your favorite fire works around the county.

Please come out ans support our community, enjoy the fact you live in Riverdale Park and have some old fashion family fun in your home town.

For more information about Riverdale Park, visit http://www.riverdaleparkmd.info