[RP TownTalk] More Jazz, Right here in Riverdale Park!

Dwight Holmes dwightrholmes at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 15:00:28 UTC 2009

Between the RP Farmers Market (featuring the jazz of Eric Brooks this
week)<http://rpwiki.wetpaint.com/page/Riverdale+Park+Farmers%27+Market>and
the "Jazz on the Portico" series at Riversdale, our town may soon be
at
the top of the Jazz charts in our area. Cool!

 *Jazz on the Portico
**Wednesday, June 24th, 7:00 p.m. *
*[image: Riversdale
Mansion]http://rpwiki.wetpaint.com/*<http://rpwiki.wetpaint.com/>
*
*at Riversdale House
Museum<http://events.nbcwashington.com/riverdale-park-md/venues/show/1119924-riversdale-house-museum>

*Riversdale
“Jazz on the Portico”
Series Returns for Summer 2009
this Wednesday, June 24th**

**As the sun sets, bring a blanket or lawn chair to Riversdale’s beautiful
grounds (4811 Riverdale Road) and enjoy the grass under your toes and the
jazz wafting through the air. Bring a picnic basket or, if you like,
purchase dinner on the grounds courtesy of the Calvert House Inn.  *
*The concerts are FREE. *

The following performers will appear from 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm on these dates:

*Sandra Johnson Quintet
Wednesday June 24th
*
Jazz standards by all the greats;
come enjoy Sandra’s classy, smooth, vocal styling!
*
**Apothecary
Wednesday, July 29th

*Instrumentals featuring an electric violin
with inspiration from folk, jazz, classical jam-rock and Celtic music.
Come on and enjoy the ride!
*
**MSG – The Acoustic Blues Trio
**Wednesday August 26th

**A stripped down blues combo that plays songs
with meaning, fullness of heart, and sometimes, humor.
Featuring Riverdale Park’s own Miles Spicer!

The concerts take place rain or shine. In the event of rain, everything
moves inside. *

Price: FREE

*More info: 301.864.0420 or email riversdale at pgparks.com*

Only the individual sender is responsible for the content of the
message, and the message does not necessarily reflect the position
or policy of the National Education Association or its affiliates.

--
“[I]f these factors are not related to the quality of education, why are the
richer districts willing to spend so much for them?”