[RP TownTalk] Riversdale Reminders

Samantha Ferris Samantha.Ferris at pgparks.com
Fri Mar 20 16:44:32 UTC 2009

Hi, Happy Spring everyone! I'll keep this one short!

There are still some spaces available for Saturday, March 28th's, Tavern
Night. Enjoy delicious tavern-style fare and beverages while being
entertained by the Ship's Company Chanteymen. The fee is $20 per person
for Prince George's & Montgomery County residents and $24 for
non-residents.

The Kitchen Guild is stirring up some great programs of their own! This
Sunday, March 22, come learn about 19th century soups during their
"Soup's On!" demonstration. This is included with a tour of the house.
Tickets are $3 for adults, $2 for seniors, $1 for students 5-18 and free
for children 4 & under.

Then, in April there is an open hearth cooking class to be held on
Saturday, April 18. The fee is  $38 for residents and $45 for
non-residents. This class is open to a very limited number and less than
5 spots remain. Sign up today!  Fun in the dependency kitchen continues
the next week, when on Saturday, April 25, the Guild presents "Not Your
Mother's Packaged Gelatin - The How and Why of Calves' Feet Jelly".
Pre-registration is encouraged and the $5 payment can be made at the
door.

Please also be on the lookout for the Hands on History Camp flyers that
were sent to all local public and private schools. The first week of
camp runs June 29-July 3 from 10am-3pm and is open to 8-12 year olds.
The following week runs July 7-10 from 10am-noon and is open to 5-7 year
olds. Details are on the flyers. We already are about half full for both
programs, so sign up today!

For more information or to register for programs, please email me at
samantha.ferris at pgparks.com or call the office at 301.864.0420. Hoping
to see you soon!

Cheers,

Samantha

Samantha Ferris
Education & Administrative Assistant
Riversdale House Museum
4811 Riverdale Road, Riverdale Park, MD 20737
Department of Parks and Recreation
The Maryland-National Capital Park & Planning Commission
samantha.ferris at pgparks.com / www.pgparks.com
301.864.0420 / fax 301.927.3498