[RP TownTalk] A "fowl" post

Sue Collins wheadle at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 26 11:53:46 UTC 2009

"Ever notice how much of the traffic, and arguably the most reliably
recurring topics on this list are dead chickens and living chickens????

Nancy :-)   "

I have indeed and truth be told, I'm often the one who starts the traffic!  Maybe we could capitalize on our chickens?  After all, Takoma Park had Roscoe the Rooster, even put up a statue to him.  Roscoes' story was told in the book "Weird Maryland."  And the "Mike the Headless Chicken" festival is coming up in Fruita, Colorado; Mike was a chicken who lived for 18 months in spite of the fact that his head had been chopped off; supposedly they fed him through his "neck hole" and he became a celebrity.  They now have an annual festival in his honor (check out his story at miketheheadlesschicken.org).  Maybe we could combine a chicken festival with Riverdale Day?  Let's see, fried chicken cooking/eating contests?  Maybe a contest to see who could make the most creative "offering bag" to leave on the railroad tracks?  Chicken calling competition?  The possibilities are endless!!!