[RP TownTalk] CF Day @ Franklin's is on Monday, May 11

Jim Coleman jcolema3 at aol.com
Sat May 9 18:05:49 UTC 2009

Some of you know Jim Coleman through his work at the farmers market. His 3.5
year old son Seamus has Cystic Fibrosis <http://www.cff.org/>. This disease
is a genetic disorder that affects the lungs and intestines with a current
lifespan of 37.5 years. Seamus has the heart of a lion and is a smart, fun
and very engaging kid.

Due to the current economic conditions, we know not every person can afford
to donate a lot of money to charities. Even a small amount is appreciated
and luckily, there are four easy ways to help cure Cystic Fibrosis.

You can drop into Franklin's Microbrewery & General
Store<http://www.franklinsbrewery.com/fundraisers/> during
normal operating hours on May 11 for CF Great Strides day. Just tell the
hostess, bartender or cashier when you come that you want your purchase
counted toward the Cystic Fibrosis Great Strides Walk. They will help you
from there.

You can also donate here or by writing a check to the Cystic Fibrosis
Foundation and giving it to Jim Coleman at the farmers market. You can drop
your spare change into a jug at the market marked CF Great Strides.

GREAT STRIDES is the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation's largest and most
successful national fund-raising event. This year, the Coleman family is
walking in the GREAT STRIDES walk at the 2009 Rockville - Mattie J. T.
Stepanek Park walk on 05/16/2009 in honor of our son Seamus. Please help us
meet our team fund-raising goal of $5,000.00 by sponsoring us. Your generous
gift will be used efficiently and effectively, as nearly 90 cents of every
dollar of revenue raised is available for investment in vital CF programs to
support research, care and education.

Cystic fibrosis (CF) is a devastating genetic disease that affects tens of
thousands of children and young adults in the United States. Research and
care supported by the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation is making a huge difference
in extending the quality of life for those with CF. However, we continue to
lose precious lives to CF every day. That's why your help is needed now more
than ever to ensure that a cure is found sooner - rather than later. To
learn more about CF and the CF Foundation, visit http://www.cff.org.

Together, we can make a difference in the lives of those with CF! Thank you
for supporting the mission of the CF Foundation and GREAT STRIDES!  Don’t
forget to go to Franklin’s on May 11 and tell them that you want to
participate for the Cystic Fibrosis Great Strides Walk.