[RP TownTalk] 2009 Festival of Lights needs folks to decorate on first weekend in December

Jim Coleman jcolema3 at aol.com
Wed Oct 21 04:48:03 UTC 2009

Our event this year will be better than ever with your help. Please decorate
the outside of your home (apartment or house) before December 12, 2009.
There will be a town wide contest this year for the best Holiday decoration
with a cash prize (contact Raymond Rivas @ 301-625-9435). This is our
opportunity to show the folks in our area and those who come to visit how
great our town is.

What:        2009 Riverdale Park Festival of Lights & Holiday Market
Where:      Riverdale Park Town Center, 6200 Rhode Island Ave, Riverdale
Park, MD 20737
When:       12:00pm - 8:30pm (currently), w/ trolley tours from 5:30pm -
8:30pm
Sponsors : Town of Riverdale Park, local businesses
Why:         Food for the hungry in our area (Donate canned food @ the
trolley rides and @ the Holiday Market)

Possible events for this year include model railroaders, face painting,
tattoos, games, bonfire, singing with the elves on our way to Riversdale and
our neighborhoods, great live music, dessert bake-off, great food and craft
vendors, Santa visits, etc.

Volunteers are needed to decorate our indoor venue, singing elves for the
trolley tours, residents to compete in the dessert bake-off (contact Raymond
Rivas @ 301-625-9435), graphic design for signage and posters, raise
donations, and work @ the crafts tables. Help us to guarantee that this
year's Festival of Lights & Holiday Market on December 12, 2009 will be our
best effort yet.

We also need vendors who make their own crafts for the event, as well.
Please contact Jim Coleman at 301-332-6258 or email: jcolema3 at aol.com for
more information.