[RP TownTalk] adopting a kitten reply

Sue Collins wheadle at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 2 14:15:40 UTC 2009

Lots of places to adopt kittens; I've seen cat adoptions listed in the Washington Post, also have seen freebies in the Pennysaver and Gazette papers in the past.  Petsmart and PetCo usually have cats/kittens in their stores for adoption. You could contact facilities such as PG Cty. Animal Control, Washington Animal Rescue League, etc., to see if they have kittens.  And there's also a website called petfinder.com where you can put in the gender, age, and size of the animal you want, even to specify if you want a "special needs" pet, and they list rescues which have cats to adopt.  I guess you could also check local veterinary offices and see if anyones' posted signs for kittens they want to give away or maybe you could post notes in the vets' offices that you want a kitten?  Good luck!!!

Sue