[RP TownTalk] Street sweeping

bruce.wernek at mindspring.com bruce.wernek at mindspring.com
Thu Sep 3 16:54:02 UTC 2009

Dwight

Two points

1)  These folks are measuring litter along streets or in metropolitan areas.  Water washes litter into the creeks and rivers.  If they really want to assess litter, this is were they should be looking.

2)  If our beaches are so clean, why are they routinely closed during the summer because the bacteria level in the water makes it unsafe for swimming.

Don't take my word for it.  Check out either of our parks (in Riverdale) early on a Monday morning in the summer.  This is what I'm talking about.

Bruce