[RP TownTalk] street sweeping,

ABragg7393 at aol.com ABragg7393 at aol.com
Sat Sep 5 14:00:37 UTC 2009

I live about 2 1/2 blocks from the park and when I walk my dogs (I clean up
 after them as well) especially on the weekend, the park is filled with
people.  I don't think you need a permit to use the park.  I know  DeMatha
does have a permit and some kind of agreement with P&P and I don't  believe
there is any problem with them keeping things clean.  However the  B-Ball
courts, playground and picnic areas don't need permits (I believe) and  that is
where the problem of trash and litter occur.  Not to mention the  ear
splitting music.  I can hear it at my house and I wonder how the people  who live
on the border of the park stand it.  I thought there were bands  playing down
there, but it seems like the people just line up their cars and  blast
their stereos.  Maybe the park police don't work on weekends?   Maybe our town
needs to form some type of relationship with P&P to keep the  area clean?  Is
there anyone at the town office who could look into this  and guide us to a
solution?  All that trash goes into our river which we  have been trying to
clean up for years.  Giving our donations to the  Anacostia Watershed
Society and giving our time on their clean up days seems to  just be putting our
finger in the hole in the dam.  By the way they are  having a clean up day
on Sept 14th.  You can go to their website for more  info.
Audrey

In a message dated 9/5/2009 9:35:33 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,