[RP TownTalk] multiple families/single family homes

Nancy Mooney nbmooney1 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 20 14:33:54 UTC 2010

I have begun to wonder what the impact is on our town of these many single family homes that are crammed with families.

I know of one instance where a family of 4 shares a bedroom in the back of a house.  Another large family has the front of the house, and at least one other person is living in the basement.

I think there are at least three families - by the number of 'moms' and kids I see.  (I'm assuming they are moms) in the house next to me - which has 4 bedrooms at the most.

I know this group can be very caustic - please no insults about me being racist, or bigoted, or, whatever.  These people I'm speaking of are my friends.  But it just seems unhealthy and in the long run - a burden on the town services.

What I would like to know is what are the costs to the town, and what can we do to reduce this impact?

Nancy