[RP TownTalk] multiple families/single family homes

Sarah Wayland sarah.wayland at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 20:45:19 UTC 2010

This is the only guidance I could find on the Prince George's County
website.

http://www.princegeorgescountymd.gov/Government/AgencyIndex/HCD/landlord_general_info.asp#occupancy

It doesn't address owner-occupied households.

And yes, with the economy being what it is and foreclosures being what they
are, I too am seeing more and more of this.

It's so complicated because, of course, I'm also seeing more abandoned
houses where the bank foreclosed on the loan. I can think of 2 houses in a 1
block radius around my house that are empty due to foreclosure. And empty
houses are often not as well-maintained.

So we have foreclosures & empty houses on the one hand, and overcrowding in
houses where the owners are struggling to continue making payments on the
other hand.

Doesn't it seem like there should be a way through this problem?

<sigh>

-Sarah