[RP TownTalk] Housing

Edward Neilmeyer edward.neilmeyer.esq at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 02:39:47 UTC 2010

There are many overcrowded single family homes in Riverdale Park. I have no
doubt that there may be some that are a result of disadvantaged families
trying to get by. There are many that are not so genuine. Some consist of
nine plus adults between the age of 20 and 30 something, all driving fairly
new cars, with small children calling all the females "mommy".Young under
aged women living with men in their 30's.

Its not just a case of eroding our property values, but the social values
such as child welfare, statutory laws and the like.

Court overcrowding is not the excuse for lack of enforcement. This country
would never have grown and flourished, if that were the norm.

I can see special exceptions in certain cases, but as a society we should
not turn a blind eye and allow general exceptions to the rule.

Under this current leadership in our town we should all take advantage and
bring in an extra boarder or two. Why not? These are tough times and we can
all "get way with it".

Where will this lead?

Edward