[RP TownTalk] We the People

Nina Faye ns_faye at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 27 15:04:30 UTC 2010

Please revisit the prior posting about how much tax money is being paid into the system by "these" people.  It is a huge sum.  "They" do not all work for cash; many have SSNs (most illegal, but the money still goes into the system).  They work for major contractors, mainstream restaurants, and small and large businesses all over the Metro area.  We had neighbors at one point whose realtor had gotten them an illegal SSN for the purpose of buying the house.  After a few years they sold and moved to a "better" neighborhood in Montgomery County.  These folks had their own business; many of them have small businesses.  Whatever the arguments pro and con the legal issues, there is plenty of evidence that many, many of them are paying into Social Security, paying sales taxes, and paying property taxes.