[RP TownTalk] We the People

Lou King lking at knob.com
Tue Apr 27 16:57:38 UTC 2010

bruce.wernek at mindspring.com wrote, On 4/27/2010 10:35 AM:
> In an effort to put Sue's comments into perspective here's the other side of the story.
>
> Recall the Mariel boatlift when the Cubans came to Miami in 1980 during the Jimmy Carter administration.
 > Cuba emptied their prisons.  The US looked the other way with
immigration laws.  Now we are experiencing

another large influx of immigrants from/through Mexico.

Yes lets keep things in perspective. In the '60s Dr Padron came from
Cuba and tough me organic chemistry. When I had the opportunity to
return to college, after our government gave me some time away from
academia to travel in Southeast Asia, Padron was the head of the
Chemistry Department. Dr. Hernandez, who was recently from Cuba, was
teaching advanced classes in the Math Department.

 From the tone in general I take it some no longer agree with the French
gift which includes:

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Lou King