[RP TownTalk] Dumms'

Sue Collins wheadle at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 16 11:01:02 UTC 2010

RE the comments on Dumms; I guess many of you don't remember Dumms from years
back; Pete and family did a HUGE job in cleaning out the ne'er-do-well's that
were always hanging around and making it a better place.  For Gods' sakes, it's
a little neighborhood carryout for beer and wine and maybe some snacks or soda
when you need a junk food fix, it's not a full-scale, fancy-schmancy
upscale market!  If you want more than the I believe the phrase was "meager
offerings" at Dumms, we live in driving or bus-ride distance of Giant, Safeway,
MOM, and Shoppers. Or, if you want to drive/ride the bus a bit farther and have
a bit more money to spend on groceries than I do, there's a Whole Foods and
Super Fresh not terribly far away; not to mention all of the ethnic markets in
the area.  Anyway, so Dumms' isn't upscale, so what?    Much of what is consider
"upscale" in markets, etc., strikes me as very cold and sterile.  I live in this
town because it's a NEIGHBORHOOD, not some faceless pippy-poo suburb.  Just my
humble opinion of course.