[RP TownTalk] Dumm's reply

Sue Collins wheadle at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 16 13:59:58 UTC 2010

We all certainly have a right to our opinions and I'm not necessarily saying
you're wrong; everything can always be improved.  However, re. comments about
the bulletproof glass, etc; while it might not be sightly, unfortunately, in
this day and age, it's almost a necessity.  Prettying up the front of the store
won't change the fact that there's robbers and other criminals out there and the
people who work at Dumms need to protect themselves from that.  And as far as
"dusty" Wonderbread, etc., the times that I've bought food at Dumms, it's always
been fresh.  Anyway, it has never been intended as a full-scale grocery store,
it's a beer and wine store with a few groceries.  You know, "oops, I forgot to
buy milk when I went to Giant," that sort of thing.  Dumms might not be fancy
but I think the good people who work there and the fact it's been a part of our
town for SO long more than make up for a few beer signs.  (by the way, I've
lived in this part of town for over 20 years and I can tell you personally that
when Pete and sons bought the store, they improved it immensely, both in
appearance and atmosphere.)