[RP TownTalk] Dumm's Corner

ABragg7393 at aol.com ABragg7393 at aol.com
Mon Aug 16 15:29:41 UTC 2010

Hi all,
As much as I tell myself that I won't respond to these posts, here I am
doing it again.  I feel I must defend Dumm's Corner.  Pete is an  original
member of the Riverdale Park Business Association, a charter  member!  That
should tell you something about how he feels about the  town.  He cares about
the community and shows it by supporting events with  time and money.  He's
the first one to open his wallet for someone in need  in the community and
he's the first one to donate to the various causes for all  the groups that
work in the community.  Every year he volunteers for  Christmas in April by
donating his truck for their use.
The chain stores rarely, if ever get involved in the small  communities.
Their upper management is far removed and they don't seem to  care.
He sells beer and wine and the posters advertise that. How is one to  know
what he sells if he doesn't have something up there saying what it  is?   He
is in business to make a profit and support his family.   Having your own
business is not easy and it is not a 9 to 5 job.  He has  made improvements
to his building and he had been thinking of really changing  the property
into an upscale, newer development.  That didn't work out for  him and so he
has to work with what he has and what the town allows.  He is  a dedicated
business man and he is a very good neighbor to the  community.
He does a great job on keeping that corner clean.  I have seen him  outside
cleaning up himself, on top of all the other things he must do to run  his
business.  If you go up to Kenilworth Ave. or Route 1 or the  Plaza and look
at the parking lots, you will see that Dumm's does a great  job in
comparison.
I challenge all who want a trendy, upscale, fresh bread and fruits store to
 rent some of that space over in town center and get to work....
Audrey Bragg
President, Riverdale Business Association

ps.  I like the posters.  Just think of them as "Art".