[RP TownTalk] Dumms

Carol Prato tazimax at verizon.net
Tue Aug 17 10:26:49 UTC 2010

Just a quick opinion. 80 years ago my grandparents built and owned a small mom and pop grocery and liquor store in Roger's Heights for many years (Roger's Heights Market) and yes, beer signs were in the windows.  Now the store is owned by San Antonio liquors and guess what, they have beer signs too.  Bullet proof glass is a necessity, my late father coming home  from working there bleeding from a shotgun  butt slam to the head during a robbery will prove that.  Look around your area, in that corner alone we have abandoned buildings, a bar (which is a bit old too) and run down houses that have either burned and never been repaired or just plain abandoned.  Dumm's corner is the least of the problems in Riverdale.  Just be glad there are still mom and pop stores here with the economy the way it is.  I had to sell my grandparents dream.  Don't fuss about someone else's.
Carol