[RP TownTalk] laundry

Alice Ewen alice.c.ewen at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 15:13:35 UTC 2010

Actually, this issue was brought to my attention last week by another
resident on a different street, and our code enforcement staff tells me we
lack a specific code to address the issue. I plan to draft some ordinance
language to fill this gap.

There is a happy medium -- back when no one had dryers, residents put their
clothes on a clothesline in the backyard --- not hanging from their front
porch eaves or draped over their bushes in the front yard, or other curb
view locations that neighbors - reasonably, I think - object to.

We can support eco-friendly drying of laundry, while restricting where
people do it. The back yard is reasonable.

Alice

Alice Ewen