[RP TownTalk] sidewalk report

Nancy A nya_md at verizon.net
Mon Feb 8 21:31:27 UTC 2010

In case anybody is curious about sidewak conditions, I just walked over to
the subway station. (Don't tell WMATA, I stashed my car over there during
the storm.) The north side of Queensbury is mostly passable, with notable
exceptions, between Route 1 and Queens Chapel. The uncleared areas were
almost all in front of commercial properties.

On the other side of Queens Chapel is another story. It was awful. Big
mounds of slushy stuff on both sides, big bad pools of water, no good place
to walk.

The station is closed, today, but while I was retrieving my car, I heard a
train roll through. Maybe a good sign for tomorrow?

Once in my car, I came straight back on Queensbury. It reminded me of the
Indiana Jones ride at Disney Land - very, very bumpy.

Just heard that the forecast is for the snow to start around noon on
Tuesday, with accumulations of 10-20".  Ugh.

~Nancy A