[RP TownTalk] Dead Rooster on the Tracks

Eric Russo erusso78 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 12:20:19 UTC 2010

Hello All,

Unbelievably, there is a dead rooster carcass on the train tracks just off
the corner of Riverdale Rd and Lafayette, where people cross the tracks near
Dumm's.  The carcass was discarded on the tracks halfway hanging out of a
brown paper bag.  I called this in to the RP police on Sunday morning.  On
Tuesday morning it was still there so I called it into Animal Control.  They
seemed to have not believe me.  It is still there this morning, and the lack
of anyone doing anything about this is discouraging.  This will take a long
time to decompose, and it is just a matter of time before it is attracting
other animals we do not want around.  I see people walking dogs along the
tracks, and kids crossing the tracks everyday to go to school.  This is more
than just the average litter and trash one would expect to see on the
tracks.  Maybe if enough of us call it in, someone will come and actually
remove the carcass.

The number for Animal Control is 301-780-7200.  You need to follow the menu
promps for Animal Carcass Removal.

This also begs the question as to why there is a fully-feathered, dead
rooster carcass on our tracks.

Thank you to anyone who cares about this.

Sincerely,
Eric