[RP TownTalk] Anacostia Trail Update

Charles Schoppet schoppet at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 22:27:07 UTC 2010

I was thinking about using the trail again, since we have all
the community action to make the trail safe.

What is happening to our town?

Advisory Message has been issued by the Riverdale Park Police Department.

Friday July 9, 2010 5:45 PM EDT

"Strong-armed" robbery occurred this afternoon on the Northeast Branch Trail
underneath Route 410.

On July 9, 2010, at approximately 3:30 p.m., a male in his 20s was sleeping
underneath the East-West Highway bridge on the Northeast Branch Trail
(across from 5023 Riverdale Road) when two black males, 20 -25 years of age,
approached him on foot, punched him in the face several times, reached into
his pants pocket, stole $40, and fled on foot, traveling eastbound on East
West Highway.  Neither suspect was wearing a shirt, and both were wearing
black pants.  If you have any additional information, please contact the
Maryland Park Police at 301-459-9088.

For full details, go to https://local.nixle.com/alert/2780780/.

Contact Information:

Teresa Chambers