[RP TownTalk] earthquake

Sue Collins wheadle at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 16 11:00:28 UTC 2010

I was just getting out of bed and felt that strange rumble.  I live next to the
train tracks and thought it was a train starting up or stopping suddenly, but
there were no trains going by.  I turned on the radio for the early news and
they were going on about all the calls they were receiving about a quake; what a
way to start the day, huh?  Check out the USGS website, you can see how many
there are every day; maybe no great shakes (pardon the pun) in other areas, but
definitely out of the ordinary here!

How did your pets react?  I have guinea pigs and they acted a bit jumpy for a
few minutes but were soon tucking into their food like normal.