[RP TownTalk] Nets at the Field of Dreams were up again

ABragg7393 at aol.com ABragg7393 at aol.com
Thu Jul 22 16:43:18 UTC 2010

I just want to inform Bruce and Jim that it takes more than 5 to 10 minutes
 for me to lower those nets with help from Corey.  It would have been very
easy if we had a knife, but unfortunately we did not.  I love how people
just assume how easy something is that they have never done.
The nets used on the field are in violation of the Migratory Bird  Act.  It
has nothing to do about whether one cares about wildlife or  not.
The nets have no benefit to the town in general.  The nets benefit the
team playing on the field and the neighbors on the end of the field.  If  the
team wants to play ball on that field, then they should be responsible for
taking the nets down.  Simple..
I said before that I don't mind going over and doing the nets, but what
happens when I am not around or get sick... who will do it then?
Please, I ask the town to make sure the team knows what the rules are and
follows the rules or gets their permit pulled.  Or, more simply let's just
get rid of the nets and the ball field and replace it with a pine bark
walking  trail and meditation garden.  A nice quiet place for birds and
people....with just the whistle of the train now and then.
Audrey

In a message dated 7/22/2010 7:46:40 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,