[RP TownTalk] Nets at the field of dreams

Euniverz at aol.com Euniverz at aol.com
Fri Jul 23 12:26:32 UTC 2010

Hi Bruce, it's not about e-mails being written INSTEAD of taking down  the
nets.  The e-mails are written after the appropriate action is taken.  A few
neighbors, who care, are leading this effort to  ensure the town does the
right thing.  I'm sure the town WILL eventually do  the right thing.

In the meantime, if other people, particularly those who use the  field, do
not take down the nets as required, other people will check up on  that.
But if the people using the nets do not follow the rules, and other  people
need to follow behind them to clean up their mess, then they should not  be
permitted to continue to use the Town's fields.  Period.

Just to update, the US Dept of Fish and Wildlife has returned my call  and
taken my statement regarding the bird death.  They will be contacting  the
town if they have not already.  Mitigation will likely be an important
deciding factor in their case against the town.

Just yesterday, around the corner from the field of dreams, a  smaller, no
less beautiful, bird of prey swooped down right in front of my car  and
landed in the grass by the Raytheon building.  While smaller, that bird  would
get trapped in the net too.  That's why I love living here in a place  where
life is going on all around us.  Higher level predators like hawks  are a
sign that this is a beautiful place we have here, and there are a number  of
these raptor species present.  We are so lucky and blessed as a town to  have
them here; can't get much greener than that!   Please, let's get  this
under control.  I know the mayor is back today.  I ask him to  meet with us to
discuss this matter before another violation occurs; before  another life is
taken.

Adrianne Lefkowitz
Madison and 48th