[RP TownTalk] warning

ABragg7393 at aol.com ABragg7393 at aol.com
Fri Jun 11 13:18:03 UTC 2010

Hi everyone,
My neighbor told me that a friend of his from Hyattsville was assaulted on
the Bike Trail, under the E-W Highway bridge on Monday at around 7:30 p.m.
 Nothing was stolen from him, but he was beaten so bad he had to spend the
night  in the hospital.  He says it was a gang of 5 males.  The victim was a
 middle aged man, just out for a bike ride.
I know many of you walk, bike and run that trail and I thought you should
know about this.  Also, our police department does not have jurisdiction
for the park, so it may not be patrolled as well as the rest of the town.
This was an attack of vicious  rage.  It worries me that  this is going on
so close to my home.
The other night I got out of my car around 9 p.m. in front of my house and
a man approached me speaking a language I did not understand.  He was a
stranger to my neighborhood and I found this unsettling.
When he saw my friend get out of the car on the otherside, he turned and
walked away.
Please be careful.
If any of the town officials read this, is there someway we can partner
with the Park Police so that our officers do have some control?
My neighbor said he went to our police but the dispatcher told him we
didn't have jurisdiction in the park.

Audrey