[RP TownTalk] Fwd: [HyattsvilleBikersUnite] Safety alert re: North-east Branch Trail

Vernon Archer varcher at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 20:40:37 UTC 2010

Dear bikers, park users and community members,

Please note that the message that has been widely quoted from Riverdale Park
Government shows we are aware, there has been one biker ambushed--not 3.
There were two other attacks in the general area, but the other two attacks
were not on anyone using the trail and the incidents were approximately 5
blocks apart.  They do have in common that they were on or near Park
property.

We are certainly working with all surrounding jurisdictions to try to better
patrol this entire area and ensure that prompt assistance is sent out when
any calls for help come to us.  This would be a simpler matter if there were
not increased activity farther afield for us to deal with also--the hot
summer evenings are here.

Best wishes,

Vern
--