[RP TownTalk] 4602 Queensbury Rd

Alice Ewen alice.c.ewen at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 22:49:54 UTC 2010

Thanks Bruce,

Yes, I agree they are a very serious problem --- I have been inquiring
regularly about the progress - or lack thereof on these properties.

The latest update that I received from our Police Chief is that the blue
house on Queensbury did finally get approved by the insurance company for
repairs and that contractors had been scheduled to begin work shortly before
the snow hit. The owner reported that the work was delayed by the storm, and
that we should expect to see activity shortly.  The owners could not begin
work on the house until the fire marshall and insurance companies satisfied
their concerns, unfortunately. That is what I have been told.

The house on E-W Hwy was under investigation for arson, and I have not yet
heard any outcome on that investigation.

I will continue to request updates from code enforcement on both properties.
And, yes, if nothing happens, condemnation is what will have to happen. But
it is a process with many hurdles. Code enforcement is documenting
violations so that the Town will be able to pursue its rights, should it
come to that.

I will again convey our serious concerns as residents. It affects everyone.

- Alice

--
Alice C. Ewen
Councilwoman, Ward 1