[RP TownTalk] tree vandalism

Carol Prato tazimax at verizon.net
Fri Mar 12 20:47:45 UTC 2010

Clear DayI need some help.  Sometime in the last 2 weeks (I have no exact idea due to the fact I was in the hospital), the entire top of one of my leland cyprus trees was cut off and removed.  I live in the house all by itself on 44th place (between Suntrust bank and the Dental Group building).  The tree in question was one of my big ones along my fence line between Suntrust bank and me.  I asked Suntrust if their landscapers (Brickman) had done it, but OF COURSE they knew nothing about it.  I called the town just to make sure they didn't do it, and they assured me that public works would never cut a tree on private property.  I am pretty sure that Suntrust's landscapers did it because it was hanging over my fence after the snowstorm, but they don't want to admit it due to the fact that what they would have done would have been illegal.
I was hoping that maybe someone in the neighborhood saw someone cutting the trees in that area in the last 2 weeks.  If you did or know someone that might have, please let me know.  Those trees are the only privacy I have between the businesses and my home and now one is missing about 6 feet of tree.  I can only hope it will grow back.
Carol DePrato Miller