[RP TownTalk] tree vandalism

Lou King lking at knob.com
Sat Mar 13 21:09:27 UTC 2010

Without driving down 44th Place, I have no idea where the power lines
are, but has anyone considered Pepco or one of their contractors as the
"vandals"? There objectives are/maybe different than yours, providing
lots of clear space around the power lines. That may have little to do
with appearance or your privacy.

If in fact the tree or its branches were hanging or leaning over the
fence or property line, the bank has every right to chop it off. May not
be the most neighborly approach, but I don't think its illegal. They may
have tried to contact you several times while you were in the hospital.

Do keep in mind the "Cranky Old Coot" signed my law degree and I don't
even play a lawyer on TV.

Lou