[RP TownTalk] tree vandalism

Lisa Grob lisagrob at verizon.net
Sun Mar 14 16:49:08 UTC 2010

Dear Fellow Town Talkers - If folks aren't comfortable making inquiries on
this list for fear of being denigrated or starting a flame war between
others - I think that's very unfortunate and we should consider how we can
all communicate more civilly and try to dial down the anger and hostility.
I have seen numerous "discussions" in the last couple of months - starting
with a seemingly innocuous comment or question - result in insults or
insinuations being hurled back and forth or just back.

Even if you genuinely think someone is being - fill-in the blank with
negative item - consider is it appropriate to publicly insult someone? Would
you say it to their face if you were talking to your neighbor over the
fence?

So will the next comment be an angry diatribe that dissuades civil discourse
or a more measured response that encourages community interaction?

Lisa Grob

  _____