[RP TownTalk] I have a question - dead squirrels

David Lingua djlingua at yahoo.com
Thu May 6 03:36:45 UTC 2010

Nothing like a little clarification now is there?
Please review the following.

Chapter 36  GARBAGE, REFUSE, AND TRASH
§ 36-1.  Definitions.  [Amended 5-6-02.]
"Refuse" or "waste" -- Offal, garbage, house refuse, dead animals or decaying vegetable  matter or organic waste or substance of any kind, ......
§ 36-2.  Unlawful disposal.
   It shall be unlawful to cast, throw, discharge or cause to flow on or into any street, sidewalk or  public place within the town any garbage, refuse, trash, or waste which is offensive or liable to  become a source of nuisance after exposure to the atmosphere.
§ 36-3.  Offensive odors and health disposal.
   It shall be unlawful to place, collect or suffer to be on any property within the town any  garbage, refuse, trash, or waste ..... liable to become a source of  nuisance after exposure to the atmosphere or which by a stench or smell becomes a nuisance to  the neighborhood or becomes a breeding place for germs or is liable to become a detriment to the  public health.
§ 36-4.  Burning of garbage, refuse, or waste prohibited.
   It shall be unlawful to burn garbage, refuse, or waste in the town at any time.
§ 36-13.  Depositing garbage, refuse, trash, or waste on vacant lots prohibited.
   It shall be unlawful for any person to throw, deposit, scatter, drop, or cause to be thrown,  deposited, scattered, or dropped in or upon any vacant lot or open space within the town any  garbage, refuse, trash, or waste or sawdust, shavings, vegetable matter, paper, metal cans or  containers, glass of any description, or any dead animal, offal, putrescible matter of any sort, or  any matter or thing injurious to the public health.
Chapter 50  PEACE AND GOOD ORDER
§ 50-10.  Burying unlawful.  [Adopted 1-20-54 as former § 54-14.  Amended 9-13-65.]
   It shall be unlawful to deposit or bury the contents of any privy, vault, cesspool or the  body of any animal within the town.
Chapter 57    STREETS AND SIDEWALKS
   ARTICLE I   General Provisions
§ 57-2.  Depositing or burning refuse on streets.
   It shall be unlawful for any person to throw, cast, lay, sweep, deposit, scatter or drop,  leave or cause to be thrown, cast, laid, swept, deposited, scattered or dropped or left, any dirt,  mud, ashes, filth, sawdust, shavings, hay, nails, glass, straw, offal, leaves, litter, paper, vegetable  matter, decayed fruits, fruit skins or putrescible matter of any sort, animal matter, scraps,  rubbish, garbage, trees, cinders or other refuse material or any dead animal, or to burn or set fire  to any such material or to cause the same to be burned or set fire to, upon any street, alley,  sidewalk, gutter, roadway or other public place within the town.

That about covers it. And for good measure, attached is the town code (01-08).
Thank you!