[RP TownTalk] Town Budget

Sarah Wayland sarah.wayland at gmail.com
Mon May 17 18:54:24 UTC 2010

Here's a link to the budget that Alan Thompson posted:
http://www.thompsonward2.org/20100501FY2011MayorsProposedBudget.pdf

On page 5, last section ("RESERVES") is listed a line item "Revenues
to Replenish Operating Reserves" in the amount of $213,749 for FY
2010, and with proposed amount of $184,638.90 for FY 2011. This same
amount is also entered on Line 8 of page 1 of the proposed budget
(page 2 of the posted PDF.)

Is that what you are talking about Bruce?  (It's obviously in the
current budget, so I have to admit to being confused by what you
wrote.)

Also, I see no mention of funds for the community center in the
proposed budget. The last mention of the community center I can find
on the town website was in October of 2009 from the minutes for the
legislative session. They reported that the Community Center Public
Hearing was held on September 19th, and legislation was passed in
September forming a Community Center Advisory Committee. I've heard
nothing since that time about the Community center. Perhaps that is no
longer in the budget?

As Councilmember Thompson said in his message earlier today, the
council is meeting tonight (Monday) and again on Wednesday at 7:30 in
Town Hall at 5008 Queensbury Road to discuss the budget. If you have
concerns, I'm sure they'd be grateful if citizens would come out to
the meeting to let them be known.

-Sarah