[RP TownTalk] Fwd: Trains and Horns

Alice Ewen alice.c.ewen at gmail.com
Mon May 24 17:52:58 UTC 2010

Dwight:

My understanding of the process is that the safety upgrade is a
pre-requisite to being able to submit a request for a quiet zone, but
getting a quiet zone approved is a multi-year process with many hurdles. I
believe I was told Kensington has pursued for many years and still not
gotten approval.

At this point, I can't recall who I consulted at MD Dept of Transportation,
but the gist of the summary was this: upgrading the safety of the
intersection is good, but it is very unlikely that we will be able to get a
quiet zone approved given the number of crossings. And, Rob is correct that
we would need a consultant to move that process to the next step - it is a
substantial application that would need to be prepared by a technical
consultant.

I agree, it would be an improvement, and it is a goal to work toward, even
if it is a long process.

Alice

--
Alice C. Ewen