[RP TownTalk] computer and electronics recycling June 19

Alice Ewen alice.c.ewen at gmail.com
Mon May 24 18:43:43 UTC 2010

ELECTRONICS RECYCLING

*Free Residential Electronics Recycling – *On Saturday, June 19, 2010, from
9:00 AM – 2:00 PM, the Town of Riverdale Park will host an Electronics
Recycling event to give our residents the opportunity to donate/recycle
their unwanted electronics.  The drop off point will be the Town of
Riverdale Park Town Hall, 5008 Riverdale Road.  This service is for *RESIDENTS
ONLY*.  Identification/proof of residency will be required.  Tax-deductible
receipts will be available.

*We will accept ALL computers & computer equipment  in any condition for
recycling:  *Computers, monitors, laptops, cpu’s, printers, scanners, hard
drives, keyboards, accessories and peripherals*. *

*Non-computer electronics in working condition will be donated to Goodwill.
Acceptable (non-computer**) Items should be in working condition:  Radios,
stereo systems, mp3 players, VCRs, DVD players,  small household, kitchen
and bathroom appliances, toys. We will only ACCEPT TVs that have a coaxial
cable connection <http://www.dcgoodwill.org/img/photos/coaxial.jpg> or RCA
inputs <http://www.dcgoodwill.org/img/photos/RCA.jpg>.*

*Also accepted: Lamps and fans that are CPSC approved; lawn equipment (all
fuel must be removed prior to donating), *
Riverdale Park is partnering in this event with the Town of Brentwood. If
you have questions about what items will be accepted for drop-off, please
contact Jamie Selvin, e-Cycling Coordinator, Town of Brentwood,
301-927-3344.