[RP TownTalk] Memorial Day observance

ABragg7393 at aol.com ABragg7393 at aol.com
Wed May 26 14:30:36 UTC 2010

Just a note to say it would be a good idea to get the old flag out.   If
you plan to display the American Flag, be sure to remember these  guideliines:
Fly your American flag at half-staff until noon on Memorial Day.  To  do
this, you first hoist it to the top of the pole for an instant, and then
lower it to the half-staff position until noon.  After noon, the flag can  be
raised to the peak of the pole.

If displayed with other flags, always place the American flag at the center
 and at the highest peak.  It should be raised first and lowered last.

If displaying the flag from a windowsill or the front of your house, place
the union of the flag (the blue part) at the peak of the staff.

Audrey

In a message dated 5/26/2010 10:06:41 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,