[RP TownTalk] One last thought on purple line

Melissa Avery m.avery at rocketmail.com
Fri Nov 12 12:45:20 UTC 2010

Metro has either electric fences or sound barrier walls around it. the reason is
noise reduction and safety.
If we did not have this protection, there would be more than dead chickens on
the tracks.
Also, the "light rail" (marketing hype terminology) travels up to 55 mph, only
10 mph less than metro, or the train. there will still be a need for two way
track.
If people want this kind of thing in there community, they should chose to live
in Rockville or Gaithersburg, not spoil the only thing Riverdale Park has going
for it, the open spaces and slower way of life. Change of this kind is not
inevitable or normal, it is the result of poor community planning, ignorance and
apathy.