[RP TownTalk] Purple Line

kathy galleher kgalleher at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 13 12:41:03 UTC 2010

I can't wait until the Purple Line comes to our area.  It provides much needed (
and faster) public transit routes to our area.  And if you've ever ridden the
unbelievably crowded F4, you can see what a demand there is in this area.  To me
it is a win-win for our community.  Several convenient and effective public
transit routes which help us relieve 410 congestion.  Also, if history is any
indication, our property values are quite likely to increase because living near
a metro  is valued by most people in the DC area.

I would like to ask if there is anything we can do to advocate for more Metro
service in Riverdale Park?  Those of us north of 410 have no options at all.
And as others have said, the F4 mostly bypasses RP now.  And it has baffled me
for some time that the no busses for College Park  come through our area.  It
seems that though we are very close to two metro stops, we just don't have a lot
of options for getting there.  Anyone know how we could effectively organize
around this?
Kathy