[RP TownTalk] Fall fun for everyone at Riversdale!

Ferris, Samantha Samantha.Ferris at pgparks.com
Wed Oct 6 16:56:05 UTC 2010

I apologize if you are receiving this multiple; yesterday we were having
problems with out internet connection and most, if not all, email
addresses this was sent to, bounced back to me.

Hello hello!!

With the beginning of October, it certainly feels like fall has set in!
Before you know it, it'll be time to bust out the sweatshirts at those
football games, trade the iced teas & lemonades for hot chocolate, and
enjoy all the fun fall has to offer! Here at Riversdale, we've got 3
great programs lined up for ya! Take a peek and see what's going on!

Friday, October 15, 10am-3pm.

There are still spots left for our always-popular Hands-on History day
off from school! On October 15, kids 8-12, enjoy being the Gardener's
Apprentice! Throughout the day, participants will learn about the many
crops grown here at Riversdale 200 years ago, play games that celebrate
seasonal offerings, make a snack, and enjoy garden-inspired crafts and
activities.  Spots are still available, but this program will sell out,
so check those calendars and sign up soon! $15 residents/$18
non-residents.

Friday, October 22, tours at 7:30 & 8:30 pm

Maybe you've been to Riversdale many times and think you've seen all
there is to see. Or, maybe you've driven past countless times, vowing to
stop in one of these days. Whether you're a familiar face at the museum
or a brand new addition, our Harvest Moon Walk is right up your alley!
You'll get a little bit of history, little bit of lore, little bit of
archaeology, and a whole lot o fun as you enjoy a museum staffer-led
lantern-lit tour of the grounds. End the evening on a high note (pun
intended!) with period music and refreshment in the dependency kitchen.
Guests ages 12 & older are reminded to dress for the weather and wear
appropriate shoes.
Register by October 19 to ensure a spot on one of the two tours. The
cost is $5 per person.

Sunday, October 31, noon-3:30 pm

The Riversdale Kitchen Guild rounds out the month with true Halloween
spirit as they present Seasonal Selections: Peter, Peter Pumpkin Eater.
Watch as they prepare popular 19th-century dishes made with pumpkin! You
can check out the demo for FREE! Make an afternoon of it and take a tour
for $3/adults, $2/seniors, $1/students & FREE children 4  under.

To register for these & other programs, please email me at
Samantha.Ferris at pgparks.com or call the office at 301.864.0420. I hope
to see you all this month!

Happy Autumn!

Samantha

Samantha Ferris

Education Coordinator

Riversdale House Museum

6005 48th Avenue

Riverdale Park MD 20737

301.864.0420 // TTY 301.446.3302 // fax 301.927.3498

Samantha.Ferris at pgparks.com <mailto:Samantha.Ferris at pgparks.com>  //
www.pgparks.com <http://www.pgparks.com>