[RP TownTalk] December 11, 2010 Riverdale Park Festival of Lights & Holiday Market Volunteers

Jim Coleman jcolema3 at aol.com
Sat Oct 16 18:39:24 UTC 2010

Hi Folks,
It's Jim Coleman of the farmers market. It's a new year and time for a new
holiday festival. As always, we need lots of volunteers to help with both
the planning and execution of this year's events. We're doing this in our
normal spot next to the train station.

Here are some of the many opportunities available for volunteering:

Festival committee: Plan, work on, and execute activities for this year's
event
Trolley committee: Help out with singing, directing bus drivers, tour guide,
organize volunteers, and timing for buses.
Santa Visit committee: This generally is handled by the Riverdale Park
Business Association but I'm sure they'd accept more help on their
activities.
Music committee: Helps book groups, provide sound, and many other duties.
Kids' activities: We'll be asking MNCPPC for help but if someone else is
interested, we can do more activities.
Vendor committee: I can always use help on this committee also.