[RP TownTalk] Dog Park, Old Club House and Proposed Field "improvements" at Riverdale Community Park

Vernon Archer varcher at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 00:38:17 UTC 2010

Friends and neighbors,

This coming Monday October 25th at 7:30 PM, MNCPPC will be at Town Hall
regarding 3 separate items related to Riverdale Community Park.

First, this time is advertised as a public hearing to get input and discuss
the possibility of selling the "Boy's and Girls Club" on 51st Street to
MNCPPC as a part of consolidating town resources and moving toward obtaining
a community building that meets all, or at least most of our community's
needs.  Those who want to see our town get the arts and crafts, performance,
classroom, meeting, indoor game and information sharing space that many of
us have called for, come out and help us decide if this sale and a move
toward a consolidated/central/nonresidential location makes sense for our
town.

Second, the long awaited and much sought after dog park is going to get
addressed.  As our committee on the topic suggested, the northern section of
Riverdale Community Park along 51st St. will be proposed for this use.  Dog
walkers come out! Sorry, dogs must be left outside at the meeting ;-)

Finally, those concerned about MNCPPC moves to expand and improve the
football, soccer, lacrosse field at the park should definitely come out
too.  After getting the information referenced by Todd Whitehead and looking
into the mater, I asked MNCPPC to have diagrams and information about the
proposal on display. While this request seems to be getting them to the
community a bit ahead of when they planned to, they readily agreed to
provide the basic schematics to us on Monday. So, now is a great opportunity
to come out and get a good look at what is proposed, express concerns about
what may be problems with the proposal and work with the rest of us to make
sure any changes are for the better.

Best wishes,

Vern

--