[RP TownTalk] Traffic, or something like it

Euniverz at aol.com Euniverz at aol.com
Sun Oct 31 23:37:23 UTC 2010

I have to second the request for our thoughtful town officials to  remember
not to make it difficult for your taxpaying townies to get to  work.  I
have to use Lafayette to get to River Road and if I could only use  the block
in front of the firehouse to take the fork by the MARC parking  lot I
wouldn't have to be part of the traffic problem at the railroad  crossing.

So please, when you think of abating traffic, such as it is, please
remember we have to get out of the neighborhood too.

Adrianne Lefkowitz
Madison

Except when traffic is backed up because of a train, I haven't seen a
whole lot of traffic going East and West on Queensbury at any time.    And there
really is no significant problem with any of it except during rush  hours,
mainly evening.  Since traffic backs up so far for the northbound  traffic
to turn left on 410 there is a problem for everyone headed north at that
point.  I really don't care about who is "cutting through" Riverdale.   They
have other choices, but those of us who live here have to get out.   Anything
that doesn't make that more difficult would be great.
Sharon Scott